FTPS file transfer

From: James Horn <horn.jt.curl_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 09:46:58 -0500

Version Information:

Client:curl 7.15.3 (ALPHA-HP-VMS) libcurl/7.15.3 OpenSSL/0.9.7d
Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict http file https ftps
Features: NTLM SSL
Server: FTPSERVE IBM FTP CS V1R6

I'm trying to use the Curl client from an OpenVMS system to an ftp server
via FTPS://.
The trace file shows:
> SIZE 'PROD.F48.AGY753.PRINT'
< 501 command aborted -- FTP server not configured for SIZE
which based on what I can find does not effect the transfer, but when I try
to retrieve the file, the trace file shows:
> RETR 'PROD.F48.AGY753.PRINT'
< 425 Can't open data connection.
This message comes back after some time has passed. If I include the
"--output output.fil" command, there is no difference in the "RETR" command
or the outcome.