Need an option for explicitly specifying PASV mode in Curl 7.8.1

From: Dharanikar Kona <dharanikar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 08:21:09 +0100

Hi,

 I am using curl for doing a FTP over HTTP in one of my modules. I have a
few doubts which i would like to get clarified. I am currently using Curl
7.8.1.

1. I would like to know if the default mode of operation of a curl command
is PASV in Curl 7.8.1. The man page of Curl 7.8.1 doesn't mention anything
about the default mode of FTP done by curl 7.8.1 unlike the current man page
for Curl on the Curl website.

2. Secondly, there is an option "-P / --ftp-port <address>" available with
Curl 7.8.1 which claims to switch the FTP mode of curl from PASV to PORT. It
also mentions that if the option is used several times, the last one would
be used. I would like to know that if the "-P" option is used twice would it
switch back the FTP mode to PASV.

3. Also, is there any way of explicilty specifying the FTP mode to be used
as PASV in the curl command in Curl 7.8.1. I am fully aware of the
"--ftp-pasv" option that is available in Curl 7.11.0; which does this job.
But, i would like to stick to the current running version of curl on my
system (Curl 7.8.1). There are a few issues in moving ahead to a newer
version of curl. So, could anyone suggest a workaround for getting this job
done using the Curl 7.8.1.

Please reply as soon as possible.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,