Re: curl http: == Info: Connection #0 to host left intact

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:42:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006, Ravinder Verma wrote:

> Running into a strange issue with http where it works for few sites
> and graceully exit with following message for others.
>
> == Info: Connection #0 to host 10.100.102.239 left intact
> == Info: Closing connection #0

These messages are just informationals and don't signify anything particular
for your case I'd say. The first line means that the connection was kept alive
after the transfer and the second that it closed it (since there was no
subsequent transfer using it).

> <= Recv header, 45 bytes (0x2d)
> 0000: Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
> == Info: Connection #0 to host 10.100.102.239 left intact
> == Info: Closing connection #0

I'm puzzled too, since it should return an error code and display an error
message if it didn't download as many bytes as the Content-Length: header
implies.

> With strace only difference I see when it fails after recv call write does
> not happen.

And what is the full curl command line you use for this? Does curl on your
native host show the same problem? Does the problem always appear for that
same URL?