Re: HTTPS POST with Reply

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:05:22 -0700

On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 01:45:42PM -0700, Lamar, Dave wrote:
> Kevin -
> Outstanding.
> Two issues I see here.
>
> 1. I have committed a CLM (Career Limiting Move) if I posted all that
> username, password, URL entry.
>
> If there is a moderator that can edit and blank that out, I may retain a job.

Yup, the secret is out. Better change that password, stat!

> On 9/15/06, Lamar, Dave <dlamar_at_gottschalks.com> wrote:
>
> Dan -
> Nope. The ip comes back with -
> curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host
> 'userid= XXXXXXXX &password= XXXXXXXX &command=requestnewpassword'
> curl: (51) SSL: certificate subject name ' stg1-ss1.experian.com' does
> not match target host name '205.174.34.99'

I suspect whne you entered this command you accidentally moved the -d before
the host name instead of after it.

> .so- trying the GET MEthod....
> $curl -v "https://stg1-ss1.experian.com/securecontrol/logon.html?userid=
> XXXXXXX &password= XXXXXXX &command=requestnewpassword "
>
> ... this appears to work....

Then it should also work with the original style of command line (using the -d
option) on the new URL as long as you also add -G to use GET instead of POST.

>>> Dan