OpenVMS cURL won't connect SSL

From: Mark Ripley <markr_at_millerslab.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 09:20:25 -0500

Hi -

I'm using OpenVMS 7.3-1 with HP (open)SSL 0.9.6g

with cURL 7.15.2 (ALPHA-HP-VMS) and finally TCP/IP version 5.3

I am unable to issue an HTTPS request, example:

$ curl -data '@test.xml https://testing.testing.com:443
<https://testing.testing.com/>

%CURL-E-SSL_CACERT, SSL CACERT, problem with the CA cert (path?)

I've reviewed with tech support and my ssl is configured properly
(presumably)

For example I can use SSL to connect to the test server and view the
key.

I realize we need to upgrade our VMS version, TCP version, SSL version,
Curl version,

but is there a solution other than -insecure that someone can suggest?

Thank you, I have researched this a great deal before posting here.

Mark