Re: cURL returns an error page, manually works fine

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 16:36:53 -0700

On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 01:24:58AM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, Joe Morris wrote:
> >"FanFiction.Net Error
> >An error has occurred while processing your request.
> >If the problem persists, please alert site admin via
> >http://support.fanfiction.net.
> >All errors are logged for administrative and security purposes."
>
> That's the exact error I get when I browse this with Firefox on Linux.

...and every other browser I tried. But if you go to
http://www.fanfiction.net first, then enter that URL it works. Which is
a pretty good indication that cookies are required to visit that page, and,
in fact, four cookies are set. It looks like they're probably being set
in JavaScript, so you might need to capture them manually before feeding
them to curl.

>>> Dan