Re: Building Curl 7.15.4: ares_getsock ??

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 08:53:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006, jayjwa wrote:

> There's no mention of ares_getsock in any of this c-ares' headers either.
>
> I see there's a new(er) c-ares than mine, OK, download & upgrade...
> c-ares-1.3.0. Before I go to install it, I grep thru the sources and there's
> no ares_getsock here either, so this is not likely to solve my problem.

Oops. Yes this is because curl 7.15.4 requires the ares_getsock() function
when built with c-ares and that function is not yet available in a released
c-ares version. Get a recent daily snapshot of c-ares instead until we get to
releast a c-ares version that has this function (or we adjust libcurl to
instead use the batter callback approach that isn't even in the c-ares CVS
code yet... :-)