Re: Launch a shell command from ftp

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 13:57:55 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 30 May 2006, Francesco.Donini_at_isti.cnr.it wrote:

> I am new to FTP and LibCurl and i would like know if i it's posisble create,
> in some way, something that realize (server side) the same that appends
> doing
>
> ftp>!command (used to run local commands)

That runs a local command in the client's computer, not in the server side.

> My question is, can i run a local command from the server after that i
> upload a file?

If your server somehow allows that. It is not that is part of the regular FTP
protocol but can be provided by servers using the SITE command or similar
extensions and thus you'd access it using the *QUOTE option exactly as you
showed.

So read up on your server details or ask your server admins how or if it can
be done.