FTPS Sample

From: Scott Wippich <meetscottwippich_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 01:43:59 -0700 (PDT)

I need a sample C# code for uploading file using FTPS and libcurl, can anybody help me ?

Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote: On Mon, 15 May 2006, Scott Wippich wrote:

> As I am new to FTPS and LibCurl, can anybody answer my questions :

Consider the curl-library list for libcurl stuff.

> 1. Which connection mechanism (Implicit / Explicit) does Libcurl support ?

Both.

> 2. If libcurl supports both, then Is there any way to specify which one to
> use ?

Explicit connects use ftps:// and implicit use ftp:// with CURLOPT_FTP_SSL
set. Note that the latter approach is what the FTP RFC says we should use and
it probably has the best chances to work.

> 3. Are the username, and password obsolete when using FTPS ?

Nope. But they are (can be) sent to the server over the encrypted control
connection.