Re: failed starting ipv6........

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 14:54:17 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 2 May 2006, Sampath Arunachalam wrote:

> hai, i have installed curl 7.15.3. when i tested it during the installation,
> i got the following error messages:

> 1.failed starting FTP-ipv6 server
> 2.failed starting ipv6-HTTP-server
> 3.opening stream socket:address family not supported
> by protocol
> and could not resolve the host,

> can u plz tell me what changes i have to done, in order to rectify this
> error.

1. Figure out why they happen

2. Adjust the code/scripts so they don't happen

3. Rerun

Seriously, we've written the test suite to work as good as possible all over
but it does have problems sometimes for various reasons.

Use the runtests.pl script manually from the command line, add the -d, -v and
-k switches and run tests one by one. After each test you can get deeper
understanding by digging in the logs in the logs/ sub directory.