Curl complains about no 'cc'

From: <catherine.hurst_at_barclays.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 15:06:35 +0100

Hi there

I have downloaded curl 7.15 and openssl -0.9.6a, onto an AIX5.1 server with
compiler. I have compiled it, 'with-ssl', and ported the compiled version
over to my Live server, into same directory structure. Difference is though,
this Live server does not have a C-compiler installed.
When I try to execute curl, it errors:
./curl[87]: cc: not found

Do I need to have C compiler installed on the Live server as well?
Many thanks
Catherine

Catherine Hurst

UI -Technology and Strategy
CIO
Grd Floor Block 10 (G2)
Radbroke Hall
* +44 (0) 1565 612419/ 7 2000 2419
* catherine.hurst_at_barclays.co.uk
* http://bvdp.rfs.barclays.co.uk/

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended solely
for the addressee and may also be privileged or exempt from disclosure
under applicable law. If you are not the addressee, or have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately, delete it
from your system and do not copy, disclose or otherwise act upon any
part of this e-mail or its attachments..

Internet communications are not guaranteed to be secure or virus-free.
The Barclays Group does not accept responsibility for any loss arising
from unauthorised access to, or interference with, any Internet
communications by any third party, or from the transmission of any
viruses. Replies to this e-mail may be monitored by the Barclays
Group for operational or business reasons..

Any opinion or other information in this e-mail or its attachments
that does not relate to the business of the Barclays Group is personal
to the sender and is not given or endorsed by the Barclays Group.

Barclays Bank PLC.Registered in England and Wales (registered no. 1026167).
Registered Office: 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP, United Kingdom.

Barclays Bank PLC is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.