Re: Problem downloading & saving to local file Win32

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 18:07:39 -0700

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 08:00:53PM -0300, Don MacLean wrote:
> problem 1 .... my output in file FDT1nws.txt has loads of HTML code followed by
> the table data I want and then loads more of HTML code. Is there any way of
> simply getting the table data formatted preferably in how it looks in say Word
> or on the web site itself using IE ?

Curl just downloads files, it doesn't interpret them. If you want plain text,
you could pipe the HTML into a program like lynx or w3m to convert it.
If you want it to look how it looks in Word or IE, you'll need to pass the
file into Word or IE.

> problem 2 .... my output in file FDT2nws.txt is the same as the output in
> FDT1nws.txt but clearly it should not be as the web site itself using IE shows
> different data. Is there any way of fixing this problem ?

Try using "double quotes" around your URLs. Some of the characters in them
are probably being interpreted by the command shell in a way different from
what you want.

>>> Dan