Fetching content with browser works fine, curl fails with error 500 (curl.exe)

From: Jens Bonerz <jens_at_supershapes.de>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 19:21:48 +0100

hi all!

i am currently trying to solve an issue that is driving me nuts.

What I have been basically doing until last week was sending a request to my
webserver that called a page within phpmyadmin. in this request i posted all
necessary get variables to initiate a database dump and have it sent to my
computer (as an sql file).

this was done using wget. today i tried it again and it failed with an
internal server error 500.

now, i switched to curl.exe (no ssl support) hoping that this is the better
piece of software anyways but yet...I am still encountering the same issue.
when i paste the request uri into firefox or ie, everything works fine and
the browser saves the sql file doing the same thing from curl command line,
it fails. I have put the query in quotes...

Does anybody have a clue about this?

running xp home, and an apache webserver, and mysql 3.23.58

Thanks so much!!!

regards
Jens