CURL Behavior

From: Jason Allen <Jason.Allen_at_wnco.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:05:13 -0600

I have been trouble shooting failed transfers without any success, so
here is my situation:

I have a KSH script that tries to send the file and it reports a
successful transfer via the outputted status metric. When visiting the
target site, the file is not there. Another successive attempt while
transfer the file as expected. Although both attempts show a completed
transfer, the failed attempt shows that "virtual user logged in" in the
log file. A successful attempt does not output such a message - just
the status.

It appears that CURL tries to transfer the file as soon as it gets a
cookie; however, the session may not be 'totally authenticated'. Is
there an arbitrary timer between establishing a session and start of
transfer? Can I set this on the command line? I have a "--trace-ascii"
log as well but it does not show any errors.

Here is the environment:
curl --version
curl 7.15.1 (hppa1.1-hp-hpux11.00) libcurl/7.15.1 OpenSSL/0.9.7c
zlib/1.1.4
Protocols: tftp ftp gopher telnet dict ldap http file https ftps
Features: Largefile NTLM SSL libz

Thanks for your help -- Jason