Re: Thnaks a lot ...

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 20:01:48 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006, venkat naidu wrote:

> 1)whats the main difference between Curl & libCurl in simple words...

curl is a command line tool. libcurl is a development library for when you
want to add file transfer capabilities to your program.

> 2) is there any procedure , using which we can run the tests for Curl in
> command prompt in windows without using any tool ?

curl's test suite is run from the command prompt, but it isn't fully working
under windows. Other than so, you can of course invoke curl from the command
line and you can test it yourself as you see fit.

> 3) i heard that Cygwin & Mingw are built in linux-environment

Eh, no. They're both attempts to provide a unix-like environment and compiler
for Windows. Mingw also exists/functions as a windows cross-compiler for other
Oses such as Linux.

> so, even though they generate files , they say that it wont be as good as we
> build from source without using any tools...

Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking here.