RE: Trouble transversing two firewalls w/ passive ftp

From: Nick Harley <nickharley_at_bcbsal.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 13:50:00 -0600

Holy @#^@!!!! That worked! I'm still waiting for confirmation from the
other side but as far as I can see, if they have a problem it will be on
their side at this point:

  % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time
Current
                                 Dload Upload Total Spent Left
Speed
  0 10 0 0 0 10 0 1 --:--:-- 0:00:08
--:--:-- 0< 226- Transfer complete - acknowledgment message is
pending.
  0 10 0 0 0 10 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:10
--:--:-- 0< 226- Transfer complete - acknowledgment message is
pending.
< 226 Transfer complete.
  0 10 0 0 0 10 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:10
--:--:-- 0* Connection #0 to host ftp.server.com left intact

> QUIT
< 221 Goodbye.
* Closing connection #0
* SSLv3, TLS alert, Client hello (1):

I've never been so happy to see a zero exit code in my life! Thanks for
everyone's help on this, especially Daniel and Dan for that last little
bit of switch magic!

>>> daniel_at_haxx.se 1/26/2006 11:51:39 am >>>
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Well, this is of course highly theoretical but when the _server_
responds
> with a bad IP then I don't see how Nick can do anything about it. The

> problem is then in the server end and yes, it can be solved in many
> different ways but unless Nick has access to the server he can't do
much
> about it other than communicating with the server admins.

Come to think of it, --ftp-skip-pasv-ip might in fact work!

--
  Commercial curl and libcurl Technical Support:
http://haxx.se/curl.html