Re: Trouble transversing two firewalls w/ passive ftp

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 11:42:13 -0800

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 01:11:13PM -0600, Nick Harley wrote:
> Apparently, they're saying that if I use the passive option and the
> ports they've designated are open on my firewall for transfer from their
> IP address, the application will send back to the nat'd address on their
> firewall which will then translate out to our address. They refuse to
> budge on any configuration on their end on this so it looks like I'm
> going to have to buy their software after all. Thanks for everyone's
> help!

This description is a big confusing, but it sounds like --ftp-skip-pasv-ip
will get you most of the way there. The rest sounds like it might be as
simple as binding the ftp data socket to a specific local port number or
range. There was some talk on this list recently about adding an option to
do this, but it's a trivial patch that you could add to your own copy of
libcurl to force this all the time.

>>> Dan