RE: Trouble transversing two firewalls w/ passive ftp

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 18:44:03 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Nico.Baggus_at_mail.ing.nl wrote:

>> B - the server is bad and responds with a bad IP, so you can't use PASV

> I sleightly disagree on B, the nat on the firewall is not good enough. It
> should modiy the response also and not just the IP packets. (Linux
> Netfilter: ipt_conntrack_ftp)

Well, this is of course highly theoretical but when the _server_ responds with
a bad IP then I don't see how Nick can do anything about it. The problem is
then in the server end and yes, it can be solved in many different ways but
unless Nick has access to the server he can't do much about it other than
communicating with the server admins.