Re: Trouble transversing two firewalls w/ passive ftp

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 16:29:06 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Nick Harley wrote:

> "Your original message didn't give a log of a transaction using passive
> mode. If you post that, along with the command-line you're using, we might
> have some more clues as to what might be going wrong."

>> PASV
> * Connect data stream passively
> < 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,1,171,41,5)

I would call this a badly setup server.

To recap your story:

A - you block the server from connecting back to you, so you can't use PORT

B - the server is bad and responds with a bad IP, so you can't use PASV

Conclusion: you simply cannot speak FTP with this server unless you change
something in the network environment. This is nothing curl can do anything
about.