Re: FTP via Proxy

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 16:30:31 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006, Rosenberg, Peter (NBC Universal) wrote:

> Can you advise on the current status of proxy support and/or provide any
> additional suggestions for workarounds?

The state has not changed: there is no specific support for FTP proxies.

But I'm pretty confident that you can still use curl to speak through just
about every ftp proxy out there, since the proxy concept is not provided by
the FTP protocol so they just put those things ontop of the existing
mechanisms that curl already supports fine.

This is the main reason I find working on and offering specific FTP proxy
support to be very low-prio. Another reason would be that the habit of using
ftp proxies seems to be dying out. At least that's my perception.

Of course, if someone should write a neat patch that introduces this feature I
believe I would agree to commit it.