Re: (no subject)

From: Brian Dessent <brian_at_dessent.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 13:58:56 -0800

> LilPinki69 wrote:

> you know the funny thing is that the developers seem to be the only
> ones responding! i doubt that the technical support for the software
> actually has people working... the keep sending me emails defining
> cURL... not telling me how to solve the problem. and calling them is
> of no help either, so i started looking for help from anyone that
> would listen...

What you're probably running into is a PHP script that depends on curl
for some functionality. In order for this to work, you need both
libcurl installed as well as the PHP curl modules. Various distros name
these various things, but for example on a debian system you'd use
"apt-get install php4-curl". Or it might be that the PHP module is
already installed but not enabled in php.ini, which you would have to
edit.

But let's take a step back. All of this involves changing the web
server's configuration, which requires administrative ("root") access.
If you are using shared hosting (i.e. you just upload your scripts and
make your pages, but you don't own/operate the server) then there's no
way for you to do this. You need to nag whomever runs the server that
you are using to enable the curl extensions to PHP, or you need to find
another host that can provide a suitable server, or you need to find a
different PHP script that doesn't require curl.

Brian