Re: curl and ftp methods

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 21:23:51 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005, Dan Fandrich wrote:

> However, having said all that, RFC-1738 says that the curl way is the right
> and only way. If the server you are connecting to won't handle this, then
> the URL you are using invalid.

Yes, the current way is an attempt to adhere to RFC-1738. Also, there have
been servers (in the past) for which the current method works while the full
path method don't.

Since there are also servers where the full path works while the separate path
parts don't work, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a change to libcurl that
would make it attempt the other method if the first method fails.