Re: HTTP Response

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 10:15:19 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005, Pedro Neves wrote:

> I am using libcurl to communicate with an equipment. However, I am having a
> problem, and I do not know how to solve it.

An advice: use the curl-library mailing list for libcurl matters.

> Is there any option that I can use with curl_easy_setopt to find out what is
> going wrong (I am already using VERBOSE and DEBUG)?

As there is _nothing_ going on from the server then there is no way for you to
see that nothing happening. Nothing is not very easy to see...

> In fact, using the DEBUG and the VERBOSE options I notice that the GET
> message is sent, but curl stops and waits for the HTTP OK that never
> comes....thus, my program just gets blocked.

Unless you use a separate thread, the multi interface, the progress callbacks
or similar...

> Is there any way, using curl, to repeat the GET request to the equipment if
> the HTTP OK is not received?

No, you need to first abort the current request and then send another one. The
fact that the server doesn't respond is a server error and resending a request
in that situation is hardly the correct way to repair such an error.

> Or, is there any way to continue my program without stop it waiting for the
> HTTP OK message?

Several, as I mentioned above.