Re: Win32 version of curl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 08:12:35 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005, Dave M wrote:

>> When building an application that uses the static libcurl library, you must
>> add -DCURL_STATICLIB to your CFLAGS. Otherwise the linker will look
>> for dynamic import symbols.
>
> Yes, I read that too. But how does that apply to a Visual Studio project?
> Where is CFLAGS?

CFLAGS has its equivalent in a little config window somewhere where you either
add command line options to the compiler (-DCURL_STATICLIB) or possibly if you
can set defines for the compiler (plain CURL_STATICLIB).

That define would need to be set for the _app_ that is supposed to be linke
with the static libcurl. In this case, the app is named 'curl'. (Basically
that's the code in src/)

(And yes, I'd be happy to adjust that description if anyone can think of a
better way to explain it so that more users understand it...)

> Should I not be able to compile libcurl and then link it into cURL?

You should and you can. IIRC, curl and libcurl have been funcional on windows
during its entire life-time. And I have no plans on changing that...