Re: curl error: SSL_write() returned SYSCALL, errno = 32

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 23:32:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005, Jason Coo wrote:

> curl 7.12.2 (sparc-sun-solaris2.7) libcurl/7.12.2 OpenSSL/0.9.7g zlib/1.2.2
> Protocols: ftp gopher telnet dict ldap http file https ftps
> Features: Largefile NTLM SSL libz
>
> and i have a file i'm trying to transfer using --data-binary, ssl and as
> soon as the file i want to send is larger than 79830 bytes it gives me that
> error, otherwise it seems to send.

Ouch. I've seen similar things in the past, but I've never really worked out
why they happen and what to do about them.

> my question: is this a bug

Most likely. But the question would then be "where?" (I mean, in curl, in
OpenSSL or in the remote end's SSL layer?)

> if so, does 7.15 fix it?

I don't think so, but trying the latest before hunting for bugs is always a
good idea.

> if so, is there gonna be a package for Solaris 7, available for curl 7.15?

I'd say you have a few different choices:

1. Build your own from source

2. Contact one of those that host curl packages and ask for an upgraded
    version (if nothing else there are secuity reasons).

3. Pay someone to make 1 or 2 for you.