Curl speed / timeout options

From: sds ssdsd <fwprc13_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 10:02:08 +0100 (BST)

Hello
First of all, i would like to thank curl's authors
(esp. Daniel Stenberg). It's an awesome tool. The
swiss knife for automated browsing and stop clicking
idiotically ?

I have two questions:
1) Do the speed related (speed-time speed-limit)
options apply when doing a binary upload via a post
http request ? Same question for retry options.

2) My second question is 'curl oriented'...: In shell
scripts, when i curl some web pages, i always resort
to "sed" or "grep" to parse them and do the stuff.
This is not a very neat solution. I would like to be
able to perform xml "xpath request" on html pages but:
I tried xml parsers, which failed because html pages
are not well formed xml documents (parsers find lots
of errors, even on very simple web pages)
Do anyone is aware of such a tool ?

Thanks for any reply.
Jerome