Mac OSX install report 7.14.1

From: Doug McNutt <douglist_at_macnauchtan.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 12:36:11 -0600

All went pretty well. Thank you, Daniel

/Volumes/Echo/opt/curl-7.14.1/src/macos/MACINSTALL.TXT

It pretty clearly says "NOT OSX" right up front but this was my first from-source compile for curl and I was on a Mac so I read on. When I got to Matthias Neeracher of MacPerl fame I realized I was in the wrong place and set it aside. I am writing this on an OS 9 machine and I might try curl there but . . .

Perhaps the directory name ought to be changed to /mac_classic/ or dropped altogether.

make test came up with these errors. I think none of them is real in the sense that they are caused by missing support items in MacOS 10.3.9. In any case the curl tool seems to work fine for the things I have been using it for. The -n option for .netrc works OK and IP6 and tunneling are not my things. I'll get into curllib right soon now where they might be more critical.

TESTDONE: 278 tests out of 279 reported OK: 99%
TESTFAIL: These test cases failed: 518
TESTDONE: 295 tests were considered during 210 seconds.
TESTINFO: 16 tests were skipped due to these restraints:
TESTINFO: "no stunnel" 8 times (300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 509)
TESTINFO: "Resolving 'ip6-localhost' FAILED" 1 times (241)
TESTINFO: "curl lacks idn support" 1 times (165)
TESTINFO: "curl lacks netrc_debug support" 6 times (130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 257)

--
--> On the eighth day, about 6 kiloyears ago, the Lord realized that free will would make man ask what existed before the Creation. So He installed a few gigayears of history complete with a big bang and a fossilized record of evolution. <--