Re: Post request

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 14:10:12 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, Ralph Mitchell wrote:

>>> How can I get this data from the html-page and reuse it in the next curl
>>> request?
>>
>> There is simply no way to do this with the command line tool.
>
> Bet you a beer?? My favourite curl binding is the Bourne shell:

I'm an eager user of the shell binding myself, but as I interpreted his
request, he would download a page from a URL from which he extracts info and
then makes a second request using data from the first request, and that second
request should re-use the same connection as was used to get the first data.

And that is hard to achieve with the command line tool.