Re: 7.14.0 is failing test 56 on my AIX 5.2 box

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 23:05:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005, Scott Davis wrote:

> It would seem that the generated output is missing the last empty line that
> is present in the expected output. How can this be fixed?

We need to figure out how it can happen. That last CR byte is supposed to be
sent by curl and stored by the test HTTP server. Obviously it is never stored.
Is it sent? If not, why? If it is, why doesn't the server store it?

> Our compile scripts won't pass a build of curl without all tests passing. It
> looks like this is an error in the test suite.

Perhaps. Judging from those details, I'm not at all so sure.

> But how to fix it?

Further analysis and debugging is the only way I can think of.

Can you try adding --trace-ascii dumpfile to the command line in test 56 and
see if curl claims it has sent it off fine?