Re: Crash on FTP and --dump-header

From: Ben Madsen <bmadsen_at_ecbridges.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 10:55:11 -0700

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, Ben Madsen wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to use the --dump-header option on the command line curl
>> client with the FTP protocol.
>
> Does it happen on any URL with no other option? Just like:
> curl --dump-header foo ftp://ftp.sunet.se/ ?

Interesting, no. It only happens when I specify authentication details
(either inline in the ftp url or via the '-u' parameter).

> Does it happen every time?

Yes, every time I specify authentication details, it crashes.

>> On my HP-UX systems it works fine. However, on my Linux based
>> platforms (using glibc) I get the following crash at the end of the
>> program:
>
> When you say "Linux based platforms", does this mean you use the same
> glibc version on them all and they all show this problem?

Broken:
Curl release 7.14.0 on Fedora Core 4 (glibc 2.8.5-10.3)
-- Dumps with: *** glibc detected *** curl: corrupted double-linked
list: 0x098fe228 ***
Curl release 7.13.1 on Debian (3.1) (glibc 2.4.7-1)
-- Dumps with: free(): invalid pointer 0x4001a000!

Working:
Curl release 7.10.6 on RHEL 3 (glibc 2.3.2-95.6)
Curl release 7.13.0 on HPUX 11i (11.11)

HPUX does not use glibc, but it's running an older version of curl. I
don't particularly know if the Debian curl binary uses glibc because it
spits out a different error.

-Ben