Re: Getting curl to cross compile with SSL

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 20:25:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005, Anirudh wrote:

> During configure, this is what I get:
>
> checking for CRYPTO_lock in -lcrypto... no
> checking for CRYPTO_add_lock in -lcrypto... no
> configure: WARNING: SSL disabled, you will not be able to use HTTPS,
> FTPS, NTLM and more.
> configure: WARNING: Use --with-ssl or --with-gnutls to address this.
>
> And if completes the configuration without ssl support.

Then look closer in your config.log file, as it will contain details in the
exact tests that failed which lead the script to draw the conclusion that the
ssl libs don't work.

> Why does it ask me to use the --with-ssl option when I already have?

Because it didn't find any working ssl libs I guess.

> Moreover, I'm also in doubt as whether to use openssl libs for the host
> architecture or the target architecture.

For target. The configure script will use the compiler and linker for your
target environment when it checks for libs so it must be able to use the libs
properly.