Re: download of binary objects?

From: Bud P. Bruegger <bud_at_comune.grosseto.it>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 08:33:06 +0200

sounds very interesting! will look at it. Thanks! BTW, will this be
included in one of the next stable versions?

cheers
-b

At 09.53 23/08/2005 -0700, you wrote:
>On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 03:41:50PM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> > On Tue, 23 Aug 2005, Bud P. Bruegger wrote:
> > >Is there a way of telling curl that I want just the value of a single
> > >(binary) attribute, without DN and without attribute labels?
> >
> > Unfortuantely, I have no idea and I know next to nothing about LDAP. I'm
> > just the poor maintainer of this. ;-)
> >
> > I would suggest you check out the code and see unless there's a friendly
> > soul in here that knows this.
>
>Someone posted a patch a few months ago to deal better with binary
>attributes, but I don't know what happened to it: see
>http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2005-05/0244.html
>I don't know much about LDAP either, but that message implied that a
>URL could be constructed to return a single attribute, so maybe this patch
>(or similar) is all that's needed.

>--
>http://www.MoveAnnouncer.com The web change of address service
> Let webmasters know that your web site has moved

Ing. Bud P. Bruegger, Ph.D. +39-0564-488577
(voice), -21139 (fax)
Servizio Elaborazione Dati e-mail: bud_at_comune.grosseto.it
Comune di
Grosseto http://www.comune.grosseto.it/cie/
Via Ginori,
43 http://OpenPortalGuard.sf.net
58100 Grosseto (Tuscany, Italy) jabber: bud_at_amessage.info

Free Software in Public Administration: not just a good idea, but a necessity

Perfection is attained, not when there is nothing more to be added, but
when there is nothing more to be taken away -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery