Re: Quotes around spaces not working

From: Owen Watson <o.m.watson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 23:10:31 +1200

It does work no problem. However, the program I am using just passes a
bare filepath, which may contain spaces, to curl, so I'm unable to do
a substitution. There's a bit somewhere on the curl site about
parameters containing spaces needing quotes round them; this doesn't
seem to work.

I suppose the program could call a batch file, but (a) I don't know
much about string manipulation in batch files, and (b) the batch file
would still see a variable number of parameters rather than one big
parameter.