Re: curl v-7.13.1 with zlib v-1.2.3 - Build problem

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 21:28:41 -0700

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 09:35:46AM +0530, Usha wrote:
> Hi Thanks for reply, and i have only the zlib version 1.2.3 installed in my
> system and no other zlib library installed, but is it that curl defaults

I can *guarantee* that you have 1.1.4 installed somewhere, if you can
guarantee to me that the curl -V line you give comes from the curl version
you built yourself. It may be installed in a non-obvious place, but it's
definitely somewhere.

> with zlib version 1.4.4. And thanks for the info. that this version of curl
> has a bug with the option --with-zlib. Is any patch avail to overcome this
> ?? Plz suggest me !!

The patch is incorporated into the curl 7.13.2 sources. If you absolutely
must have a patch against 7.13.1, you can adapt configure.ac revision 1.134
for your needs.

>>> Dan