Re: Delayed Response from CURL for Link Failures

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 14:09:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005, Srikumar Bonda wrote:

> I am using CURL API in linux

Then consider using the curl-library mailing list instead!

> When the FTP Link is active, i am able to upload the files to the remote
> server. Paralelly i am checking the Availability of Remote Server by sending
> an empty request from CURL to the server (It's from a seperate Exe/process)
> similar to PING. When i disconnect the link manually when file uploading, i
> am not getting the Response about the Link failure from CURL immediately.

How do you disconnect the link "manually"? Aha, are you talking about
physically pulling the plug?

> Its taking more time to get the status.

I don't understand this statement. It takes more time for who to get what
status? You mean that the second thread gets info slower?

> But in the Absense of File Transfer, Its giving an immediate responce for
> Link Failures.

I don't see how the second thread can be affected by the existance of another
libcurl thread running or not!