Delayed Response from CURL for Link Failures

From: Srikumar Bonda <srikumar_at_mail.mic.co.in>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 14:36:24 +0530

Hi,
I am using CURL API in linux to contact the remote FTP Server. I am
using the Libcurl tools provided by Redhat Linux 9.0.
When the FTP Link is active, i am able to upload the files to the remote
server. Paralelly i am checking the Availability of Remote Server by
sending an empty request from CURL to the server (It's from a seperate
Exe/process) similar to PING. When i disconnect the link manually when
file uploading, i am not getting the Response about the Link failure
from CURL immediately. Its taking more time to get the status. But in
the Absense of File Transfer, Its giving an immediate responce for Link
Failures. I need to get the status of Link in a cycled time. Please tell
me the problem and an alternate solution for it.

Thanks in advance

Srikumar B