RE: Using the FILE protocol

From: Jochen Roderburg <Roderburg_at_uni-koeln.de>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 16:19:38 +0200

Zitat von Merlin the Wizard <Merlin_at_GSTay.com>:

> I tried using :
>
> curl -C - -O "file://server/sharedrive/folders/file", and several
> other combinations
>
> but I could not get it to work with shares or hidden shares.

Make that

   curl file:////server/sharedrive/folders/file

or, more Windows-like,

   curl file://\\server\sharedrive\folders\file

and note that curl itself does not make a network connection here, but accesses
the *local* Windows file \\server\sharedrive\folders\file which happens to have
a name that is connected to a server file by Windows.

Best Regards,
J.Roderburg