RE: Using the FILE protocol

From: David Fix <5z32rcl02_at_sneakemail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:25:25 -0400

> I will give all these a try and if it does not work, I
> suppose it is only
> "normal" since curl's tech support said that the "server"
> part is ignored
> and I will have to accept that it is not possible to do
> file://server/path/file
>
> Thanks to all whom had replied.

Also, if that doesn't work, just mount the share as a drive (this IS under
Windows, right?), and then use file:///X:/path/file (or some variation of
that). Also, if this is under a unix-type environment, then mount the SMB
share somewhere, and then use file:///path/file... Hopefully that may help!

        Dave