Using the FILE protocol

From: Merlin the Wizard <Merlin_at_GSTay.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 22:31:19 +0800

Hello,

The FILE protocol (I presume are for things like
\\server\sharedrive\filename) is listed as a supported protocol.

However, none of the documents actually mentioned it and there are no
examples for it. All the other protocols seemed to have at least 1
example...

I have tried various combination of it but I could not get it to work.

Does anybody has any idea how to use this?

I have tried these...

----------
curl -C - -O "file://server/path/file"

and I get -->
curl: (37) Couldn't open file /path/file

curl -C - -O file:\\server\path\file

and I get -->
curl: Remote file name has no length!
curl: try 'curl --help' or 'curl --manual' for more information

Thanks for any info.