Re: Login to hotmail

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 01:52:10 -0700

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 11:00:08AM +0500, Shafiq Rehman wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have been trying to login to hotmail using CURL but all in vain.
> Infact I was successfully doing that with hotmail's old login
> mechanism. Their new login mechanism redirects the pages with
> javascript.
>
> if I turned FOLLOWLOCATION to true it does not redirects accordingly
> due to javascript form submission.

You could try setting curl to send a User-Agent that looks like Lynx or some
other browser that doesn't support JavaScript. If you're lucky, Hotmail
will respond with a login page that doesn't require JavaScript. Knowing
Microsoft, however, you should count yourself lucky if you can log in with
anything other than IE.

>>> Dan