RE: Getting error code 28 on one non-existant file but 22 on another

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 19:59:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, Wayne Dawson wrote:

> I know what it means, but it doesn't make sense for that... Therer's no
> reason for the timeout. There's no network condidtion for it to happen.

And you are absolutely sure about that?

> The file is smaall. The thing is that it doesn't exist. A file with that
> name *could* exist, but yesterday there ws no such file. I should have got
> error 22.

Can you show us a command line against a public URL that repeats this problem?

Anyway, it would help if you'd use --trace-ascii in your problematic case as
then we could analyze that log more when this error 28 occurs. And if you'd
upgrade to 7.14.0 and --trace-time it would be even better.

> I did get error 22 when I tried to get the other style of filename, that
> also didn't exist.
>
> This may sound weird, and I tried to explain it, but maybe it wasn't too
> clear.

I think you were clear, but it still sounds odd.