RE: Getting error code 28 on one non-existant file but 22 on another

From: Wayne Dawson <Wayne_Dawson_at_inventuresolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 09:27:20 -0700

I know what it means, but it doesn't make sense for that... Therer's no
reason for the timeout. There's no network condidtion for it to happen.
The file is smaall. The thing is that it doesn't exist. A file with
that name *could* exist, but yesterday there ws no such file. I should
have got error 22.

I did get error 22 when I tried to get the other style of filename, that
also didn't exist.

This may sound weird, and I tried to explain it, but maybe it wasn't too
clear.

I have almost every day a file, ctaschq.dat. It's possible to have
ctaschq_1.dat,.._2,.._3,... Similarly, on a monthend I have another
file, AccountExtractYYYY-MM-DD.csv. It's possible to have
AccountExtractYYYY-MM-DD_1.csv, ..._2.csv, ..._3.csv. I have no way of
knowing in advance whether the _N files will exist.

My script tries to download them in a loop, and the loop continues until
the return code is not zero. If it's not zero or 22, I send the
monitoring program the error message.

Yesterday, while both the normal ctaschq.dat and
AccountExtractYYYY-MM-DD.csv were there -- neither ctaschq_1.dat nor
AccountExtractYYYY-MM-DD_1.csv existed on the site.

When the script tried to download these it returned error 22 for the
former and error 28 for the latter. I see no reason for a error 28
(timeout) to have occurred. I checked the site to make sure there was no
"extra" files. As far as I can see, I should have gotten 22 for both.

You'll have to take my word for it when I say there was no issues
connecting to the site.

Right now, it looks to me the long filename may be an issue, but that's
just a theory.