Re: Using Libcurl as only HTTP encoder and decoder

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 09:02:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 15 May 2005, GRREDDY wrote:

> I want to use HTTP stack in some embedded application to encode and decode
> HTTP request and response respectively. At last i thought libcurl is the
> best one. But i have some doubts. Mainly we have to use HTTP stack in some
> mobile application.
>
> Please clarify.

First, you should consider the libcurl mailing list for libcurl issues since
more library users and hackers hang out there.

> 1.Is it possible in libcurl only to constrct Request_URI along with defined
> headers and pass that back to my application instead of sending it to the
> network.

No. Creating a HTTP request is dead easy and is a matter of reading the spec.
You could easily just use curl -v and clone that request.

If you wanted some of the trickier stuff in the request headers, like
authentication etc, it would require a whole lot more than simply a function
that creates a request.

But, you can extract those functions from libcurl and use them. Put together
in a new lib, it would have the same liberal license as libcurl has now.

> 2. And where i can find the libcurl internal architecture documents..

Where did you look?

docs/INTERNALS (while slightly outdated) is included in all release archives
since many years back, and it is also available in the 'docs' section of the
web site. Direct link: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/internals.html