Re: Fwd: RE.: Outputting HTTP request to a file

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 23:35:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005, RSN RSN wrote:

> Are we going to get the option that sends
>
> 1. The sent headers (HTTP request)
> 2. The received headers (HTTP reply)
> 3. Received body (HTTP reply body)
>
> to the same stream?

The option would also include the request-body of course, in case of PUT, POST
or similar.

There already exists two such options, named --trace and --trace-ascii. If
there would be a third one, it should probably be a --trace-raw or something.

I still don't understand what the big problem with the existing options are.

I don't know if there is anyone volounteering to write code for this.
Personally, I have lots of other tasks I consider more important.