Re: RE.: Outputting HTTP request to a file

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 20:09:13 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, RSN RSN wrote:

> It states that the -i and -D provide the headers yet they only provide the
> replys.

Yes, the docs should be clarified.

> The question of why the headers have been split has not been answered.

I already explained my reasoning for this. And the historic reasoning is not
that important anymore in my view, providing backwards compatibility is what
concerns me more.

> The people at Ethereal found it neccessary to include this function.

Ethereal is a completely different tool so I don't think any comparision with
that is fair.

Since --trace already contains all the info you want and in the order and flow
you want, can you at least tell me why it isn't good enough?

I would much rather either adjust one of the --trace* options or perhaps even
add a third one, than modify what -i and -D do.