Re: Digest authentication

From: Tom Moers <tom.moers_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 18:23:31 +0200

Hi,

> I committed a fix that I believe will correct this flawed behaviour, so that
> it won't close the connection for this case. If you try the latest CVS or
> tomorrow's daily snapshot it would be cool if you could verify this.

I've tried the fix and now I get the following when I
post less than 2000 bytes of data with digest authentication:
> empty post
 < 401 Authorization required
> post data
 < 200 OK
This all happens in one connection.

If I post more than 2000 bytes of data with digest
authentication enabled:
> empty post
 < 401 Authorization required
> post
    expect: 100-continue
 < 100 Continue
> continue with data
 < 200 OK
This too happens in one connection.

Why is the expect: 100-continue sent when the data is larger than
2000? And where in the code is this checked, because I can't
seem to find it?

Best regards,
Tom Moers