Re: curl crashes on SOCKSv4/4a proxy response

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 23:17:19 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, nodak sodak wrote:

> From what I've read in the documents, libcurl only supports HTTP and SOCKS5
> type proxies.

That's my impression as well!

> 1) Why would the 'VER' return as 0x05 and not 0x04?

I have no idea. And there's no RFC for version 4 either, so I can't check such
details.

> 2) Should the conditional be changed to check if the pointer is NULL first
> before accessing the subzero element?

Yes. (Nitpicking: "subzero" means below zero and this was exactly the element
zero... )

I committed a fix for this problem just now. Thanks for reporting!

And do consider the libcurl mailing list when you go deeper down in libcurl
land...