Re: Specifying a IP address to curl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 12:29:06 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, Sagar Saibi wrote:

> I want to download a web page with a specific IP (167.68.1.66).

You mean you want to fetch from that IP

         curl http://167.68.1.66/

or use it as source-IP?

         curl --interface 167.68.1.66 [URL]

> Using -p option to specify IP it gives me connection error.

-p enables proxytunnel. How would that help you?

> But if am I using -P option it downloads the web page.

-P enables FTP PORT. I don't see how that helps you either.

> And with the -v3 option it gives me the following log :

-v and -3 are two options.

> About to connect() to webproxy port 80
> Connected to webproxy.int.westgroup.com (163.231.227.49) port 80
>
> How come this is connecting me to a different IP address.

Different than what? Can you show us a full command line?

> Can somebody please confirm whether the -P option is using my specified IP
> address.

It does if you transfer with FTP and the given IP is the one you want the
server to contact you back on. Otherwise it doesn't.