crypto and SSL

From: Brian E Clough <bclough_at_banksofthesusquehanna.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:54:31 -0600

I want to install Curl with SSL support on a Linux machine. When I try
to configure with the --with-ssl switch, the script tell me that it
can't find CRYPTO_lock or CRYPTO_add_lock, and SSL will be disabled.

I tried installing OpenSSL, but RPM tells me that it's already
installed. However, a "find" turns up no files with the name of "SSL"
or "crypto".

Does anyone have any ideas, on how I can find the SSL directory, or how
to install the SSL components that Curl needs?

The distro is ClakConnect 2.2, a derivative of Redhat 9.

Brian