Re: Problem in between Win32/Linux distribution

From: Ralph Mitchell <ralphmitchell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 02:33:09 -0600

It's one of those "shell punctuation" issues. In this particular
case, the shell is seeing the semicolon as a separator between two
commands, so it mentally inserts a newline at that point in the
command line. After executing the curl command, it goes on to set a
shell variable:

   /usr/bin/curl www.mydomain.com/jsp_application
   jesessionid=123123

Quoting the url make the shell ignore the semicolon.

These things regularly bite me... :)

Ralph Mitchell